Answering Machine Flashback
I was going through the contents of an old disk and stumbled across some answering machine messages that I’d recorded and done some audio editing on back in the 90’s – sort of an early example of me playing around with audio from some of the earlier strata of my life. And I thought it would be amusing to play them for you.
I’ve got two answering machine messages. The first one used samples from Young Frankenstein and the second used samples from Return of the Jedi. And I know I have a couple of friends that I had told about these messages and they were wondering if they’d ever get a chance to listen to them.
So here they are, guys. Be kind!
The messages are at the end of the recording! Click below to listen:
Music by Dave Girtman
This is what Jim looks like uncomfortably close up.
Search the Site
Look! It’s the Past!
Jim - Yes, THAT Jim by Byron James Ryan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- Once upon a time OH GOD THE FOURTH WALL IS BREAKING! RUN!!!--- 8 hours ago
- I'll give it this, no other project's ever required me to dig up info on Dante, Hercules and Slim Pickens in the same half hour. #amwriting--- 1 day ago
- Is this actually about to happen? Am I really about to give the Underworld its own underworld? Yep. I think I am. #amwriting--- 1 day ago
- Too... many... characters... to... satisfy... #amwriting #gaahh--- 2 days ago
- Feeling worn out. Don't want to do anything tonight but become one with the mattress.--- 3 days ago